You have no items in your shopping cart.
7 Facts you should know about Vibrations
The secrets of our deeper, richer sensations revealed
Vibrators are the most popular sex toys ever created. Have you ever wondered how the vibrations interact with your body? Why some toys doesn't feel the same as others? Why do we sometimes feel numb? Or what difference can the vibrator design bring?
1- All vibrators are NOT created equal
Except the obvious and visible parameters: shapes, colours, material etc. vibrators have hidden gems that create a unique vibration: their motors.
All motors are not equal in terms of performance and they are compared very often in terms of speed when this isn't really a useful comparison.
Among many characteristics, the frequency of a motor is a determinant factor in creating the most stimulating vibrations. The lower the vibration, the richer is the sensation.
2- The best vibrations AREN'T the strongest
Choosing a vibrator can be a puzzling process.
One very misleading parameter is the strength of the vibration. Many vibrators engage in a battle of speed (expressed in rpm) while the most important parameter is the displacement created by the vibration in the body.
- In fact, strength/speed isn't as important as how deep the vibrations spread into the body. When a strong vibration is superficial it creates either numbness or an irritating sensation.
- Deep and yet strong vibrations spread into different nerve levels and create a rich incomparable sensation.
3- The body has specific nerve endings for vibrations
- The body in general has very specialised receptors to different sensations: pressure, temperature, movement and vibrations is amongst them.
- The genital areas- and the clitoris in particular- have a variety of specialised mechanoreceptors.
- The Pacinian corpuscle and the Meissner corpuscle are specialised in the detection of vibrations and are located in various depths underneath the skin or the mucous.
- A deeper vibration helps stimulating a wide variety of nerve receptors and creates a richer sensation. On the contrary a more superficial vibration over-stimulates the same nerve complex and leads inevitably to numbness or to an irritating sensation.
4- 90% of the clitoris' nerve endings are internal
The clitoris is a treasure trove and its most secret gems are buried deep into the body. To reach most of its nerves (90% of 8000) the vibration should rather be deep than shallow thanks to low frequency vibrations rather than high frequency ones.
It is proven that a superficial stimulation of the clitoris may lead to quick and "poor" orgasms while a deeper stimulation will provide pleasure that might resonate in the whole body.
How do I recognise low frequency vibrations?
- A quick test consists in cradling the vibrator in the palm of your hand and on its lowest speed your fingers should be able to transfer the vibrations.
- Mimi and Mimi Soft are perfect for this kind of experience, by transferring their vibrations to the fingers they allow a more "natural" contact with the clitoris.
5- Stimulating the G-Spot requires both vibrations and pressure
Many users report that vibrations aren't a must when it comes to stimulating the G-Spot. That is why many of them usually combine a simple curved dildo and a clitoral stimulator.
They also report that the vibrations during internal stimulation aren't felt as much as during the external stimulation.
Well, the truth is, again, all vibrations are not created equal!
- Low frequency vibrations produce a greater displacement in the body and transfer through the thick tissues of mucous and muscles to reach the buried nerve complex that constitutes the G-Spot.
- As in the clitoris, the anterior wall of the vagina is innerved with the same mechanoreceptors; they're just surrounded by a variety of dense tissues. To stimulate them, the perfect combination: is controlled pressure and deeper richer vibrations for both the G-Spot and the clitoris.
- But where do I find such a toy? Do not worry the perfect toy has already been created: meet G-Kii our adjustable unique G-spot stimulator!
6-High frequency vibrations lead to an "escalation of force"
- One of the most frequent complaints made about vibrations is that they cease to produce their positive effects after a while.
- Indeed, high frequency vibrations associated to high speeds over-stimulate the same nerves and tend to produce a numbing sensation.
- The very common solution to palliate this effect is choosing a more powerful vibrator. So, you start buying a very compact discreet vibrator and you end up using a huge massage wand with an AC plug.
Actually, there is no need to enter this escalation of force!
You should just pay attention to the quality of the vibrations. Low-frequency ones won't create that numbing sensation, so you would never need to replace them with stronger vibrators. They produce deep and rich stimulation by spreading into the body. Make sure you always choose quality over quantity of RPMs!
7-Vibrations are as diverse as the sounds produced by music instruments
Vibrators are just like music instruments, they are just as numerous and different, yet very few of them have outstanding musical quality.
“Just like there are a lot of violins, they are not all Stradivari!”
This analogy applies to vibrators. There isn’t just the look or the power provided by the motor that count, the quality of the vibrations relies on many different parameters: shape, materials, type of motors, location of the motors, frequency, amplitude, density of the materials, etc.
Every tiny detail makes a huge difference at the end.
We, at Je Joue, are committed to create the ultimate quality in vibrations with our collection of beautifully crafted sex toys designed to empower people to explore a new world of intimate – and infinite – possibilities.